FAO-UN Recruitment 2018 | How to Apply for FAO-UN 2018/2019
FAO-UN Recruitment 2018 – on this article you will get latest updates on FAO-UN 2018 Recruitment Requirements, Qualifications, Guidelines and other important updates for free.
Don’t forget The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) – An intergovernmental organization, FAO has 194 Member Nations, two associate members and one member organization, the European Union. Its employees come from various cultural backgrounds and are experts in the multiple fields of activity FAO engages in. FAO’s staff capacity allows it to support improved governance inter alia, generate, develop and adapt existing tools and guidelines and provide targeted governance support as a resource to country and regional level FAO offices. Headquartered in Rome, Italy, FAO is present in over 130 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
Post Number: 0816485
Organizational Unit: FAO Representation in Nigeria
Type of Requisition: NPO (National Professional Officer)
Duration: Fixed Term: two years with possibility of extension
- The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner
- The Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) reports to the FAO Representative (FAOR).
- Programme development, coordination and operational assistance based on the knowledge of the local conditions, culture, language and institutions of the country of assignment.
- Effective and efficient coordination and provision of the technical and operational support of the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
- Participates in producing technical, economic and policy studies as required and developing country level development frameworks such as the Country Programming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAF);
- Participates in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals and monitor and review the status of programme/project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document; identify inconsistencies and delays and, when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Briefs, trains and supervises lower grade level programme staff regarding all aspects of the job. Ensures adherence to procedures and work requirements and accuracy and diligence of the work provided.
- Performs other duties as required
- Liaises and assists government authorities and local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO’s activities in the country and with other UN agencies. He/she may represent FAO at inter-agency meetings as required;
- Promotes the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organization’s mandate, programmes, national priorities and activities including development and maintenance of communication tools such as website, press releases and publications, and support the implementation of FAO’s regulatory framework (Codex Alimentarius, Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, Safe Use of Pesticides, etc.) in the country;
- Coordinates the collection, consolidation and maintenance of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries including information on external aid in FAO’s corporate systems and monitor changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector;
FAO-UN Recruitment 2018 | How to Apply for FAO-UN Recruitment 2018/2019
- National of Nigeria
- Advanced University degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Forestry, Fisheries, or any other field related to the work of the Organization
- Two years of relevant experience in agricultural development and/or project implementation in an area of FAO’s activities in the country
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- Working knowledge of the local language
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in the collection of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries
- Extent and relevance of experience in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals as well as programme/project implementation, monitoring and review
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project development and management
- Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and functions of the technical programme, operational guidelines and project/programme management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of policy analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development
- Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice and the endorsed candidates will be considered for the Employment Roster for a period of two years.
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
How to Apply for FAO-UN Recruitment 2018 – Apply now
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th September, 2018.
Aptitude test will be granted to candidates whose application satisfies the online recruitment process.
- Multiple applications will not be entertained. Candidates are to apply for one job position. Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- No fee is required for online application, test or interview.
If you want us to update you concerning the FAO-UN Recruitment 2018 Form and Guides, you have to make use of the comment box and drop your number in the box provided here on these pages