U.S Embassy Nigeria Recruitment 2019 | How to Apply for U.S Embassy Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020
U.S Embassy Nigeria Recruitment 2019 – on this article you will get latest updates on U.S Embassy Nigeria 2019 Recruitment Requirements, Qualifications, Guidelines and other important updates for free.
Don’t forget that The U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria, is seeking to employ eligible and qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Key Population Program Specialist (Pos. A96045)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2018-058
Series/Grade: 0550/ FSN-11 /FS-04
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
The work schedule for this position is: Full time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- The incumbent under the supervision of the Prevention Branch Chief for the CDC Nigeria Office (Abuja) provides project support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR);
- Contributing to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV services for Key Populations including Female Sex Workers, Men who have Sex with Men, People who inject Drugs, Transgender persons, and other priority populations as may be determined by PEPFAR.
- The job holder’s responsibilities include day-to-day program management including coordination and collaboration with other PEPFAR agencies to ensure that project implementation addresses program strategic objectives.
- S/he ensures collaboration among PEPFAR partners involved in the provision of HIV services to key populations and provides leadership in promoting use of internationally recognized best practices in key population HIV services provision.
- Additionally, s/he serves as the Activity Manager for key population components of one or more CDC-supported cooperative agreements and as a key contributor to the planning, development, and review of the key population components of PEPFAR annual Country Operational Plans for Nigeria.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Education: Masters’ degree in Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, Epidemiology or Behavioral Science is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in HIV Testing, Prevention, Care and Treatment Services for key and priority populations, including program planning, implementation, and evaluation is required.
- Knowledge and experience in key population (KP) programs that indicates the ability to consult and collaborate effectively with all levels both within and outside the agency is required.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge and experience in key population (KP) program strategies; behavior change, HIV prevention, care and treatment services; HIV/AIDS public health programs and methods, processes, and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV programs; as well as comprehensive knowledge of the host government health care system and structure including familiarity with GoN policies, program priorities and regulations is required.
- Good working knowledge of USG HIV/AIDS public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities; and overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of contracts/ cooperative agreements/grants/purchase requisitions as well as knowledge of epidemiology, statistics and data analysis are required.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches, as well as ability to lead project teams and workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international
- working partners are required. These include the development of evaluation designs, use of reliable and valid instruments, and methods for data collection, analysis and reports.
- The incumbent will be expected to exercise considerable ingenuity and tact in applying guidelines to unique and different settings, as the work is highly complex and can be threatening to stakeholders.
- Considerable innovation will be required to influence other collaborative organizations engaged in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs to adopt appropriate strategies for their program activities.
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite; agency specific databases, use of advanced spreadsheet function; and numerical skills are required for statistics and data analysis. Keyboarding skills (both speed and accuracy) as well as a strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certifications.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
U.S Embassy Nigeria Recruitment 2019 | How to Apply U.S Embassy Nigeria 2019/2020
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain:
- The military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and
- The character of service
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
NGN 14,104,381 / USD 55,929.
How to Apply for U.S Embassy Nigeria Recruitment 2019– Apply now
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit their Applications with the required documentation listed below:
- Universal Application for US Federal Employment (DS – 174)
- Application Letter addressing the Qualifications and Evaluations for the position
- Degree (not transcript)
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
Submit Applications to: HRNigeria@state.gov
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. Please provide a valid email address and be sure to check your email regularly during this recruitment process.
- Who May Apply: All Interested / All Sources. FS-5/5 is USD 51,007 / LE is NGN 11,335,349. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Aptitude test will be granted to candidates whose application satisfies the online recruitment process.
- Multiple applications will not be entertained. Candidates are to apply for one job position. Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- No fee is required for online application, test or interview.
If you want us to update you concerning the U.S Embassy Nigeria Recruitment 2019 Form and Guides, you have to make use of the comment box and drop your number in the box provided here on these pages