UNICEF Recruitment 2018 | How to Apply for UNICEF 2018/2019
UNICEF Recruitment 2018 – on this article you will get latest updates on UNICEF 2018 Recruitment Requirements, Qualifications, Guidelines and other important updates for free.
Don’t forget that UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National U – Report Consultant
Job Number: 515991
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Work Type: Consultancy
Duration: The duration of this contract is 8 months
Purpose of Assignment
- Real-time open source technology like U-Report has been used from the earliest phase of a disaster response including for conducting rapid needs assessment; assessing the scale, severity and impact of the disaster directly from the affected population; and reporting issues and the immediate needs of affected peoples timely to relevant stakeholders/groups for immediate response. EMOPS Office of Innovations and Communication for Development are collaborating to identify the problems that our tools can address across UNICEF for affected population through implementation of U-Report as a tool to enhance community engagement in North East Nigeria.
UNICEF Recruitment 2018 | How to Apply for UNICEF Recruitment 2018/2019
Major Tasks to be Accomplished
- Guidance note on the use of U-report in humanitarian action with tools on application of U-Report in Rapid Assessments and KAP studies in humanitarian context.
- Demonstration of adoption of U-Report by the Humanitarian Country Team as a tool to inform humanitarian response planning and a tool for engagement with affected population.
- Best practices on scaling up U-Report techniques during emergencies, and templates of partnership agreements.
- Through the emergency preparedness process, improvements are made in the emergency preparedness and response capability of UNICEF staff and implementing partners.
Academic Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience and Competencies
- A good understanding of UNICEF programs and policy, including knowledge of technology for developments programs.
- Good understanding of development issues,
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as to transfer knowledge and skills
- Experience of working within teams
- Strong writing, communication skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English, and local dialect (Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa etc) Residence and work experience in Nigeria, current or past, is advantageous
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Communication, Data Management, or any other related field.
- 5 years working experience in community engagement and data management
- Experience using online dashboards for data analysis
- Experience using Rapidpro
- Knowledge of U-Report is an added asset
- Expert level experience of using Microsoft Excel.
How to Apply for UNICEF Recruitment 2018 – Apply now
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th September, 2018
- All applicants should quote an all inclusive fee in their application
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
Aptitude test will be granted to candidates whose application satisfies the online recruitment process.
- Multiple applications will not be entertained. Candidates are to apply for one job position. Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- No fee is required for online application, test or interview.
If you want us to update you concerning the UNICEF Recruitment 2018 Form and Guides, you have to make use of the comment box and drop your number in the box provided here on these pages